Friday, May 13, 2011

Catch 22 75/100

I really didn't know what to make of this book at first, the crazy chronological shifts and outlandish characters really threw me for a loop. For the first half of the book, the kind of humor the author was employing went right over my head.

As I went on, though I finally started to get it. I remained torn between laughing at what was going on, and being pretty horrified about the world that the characters inhabited. However, the book seemed to be encouraging me to laugh, so laugh I did.

I would have given this a much higher score, if it weren't for the book's inaccessibility. It's just difficult for some people to keep up with that kind of writing, and while I appreciate the effect, and respect the techniques used, it just didn't do it for me in some places.

So, mostly a good book. Definitely worth reading,

2 comments:

  1. WHAT DO YOU MEAN 75/100?

    WHAT DO YOU MEAN 75/100?

    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EightPointEight

    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EightPointEight

    I SEE EVERYTHING TWICE!

    I SEE EVERYTHING TWICE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good, but at first it was a real chore to read. It's far from perfect.

    ReplyDelete